As it comes to the end of 2017, I can safely say that I have been terrible on the blog front. *I can’t believe it’s almost the end of the year, it felt so weird to write 2018!!*
I stopped posting and being active on Instagram too. It comes to the end of the year and I just get tired, work gets super busy with it being the end of term. It is cold and my nails are usually a mess and editing tutorials starts to annoy me. I also got a new phone at the end of November (Samsung 8+) so I am still trying to get the hang of it. My camera automatically changes the lighting so that it is at its brightest – not sure I can change this so all my photos have different lighting as by the time I leave work it is already dark so photos taken on an evening are a little naff on the lighting front. I am also changing and testing a few things for my tutorials to make my life a little easier, for example only showing one nail in the frame for my video’s – most people seem to do this so I am going to give that ago.
I stopped doing my nails, I removed my builder gel and did my annual nail cut from my super long almonds to super nubs and start growing them all over again – I did snap a few of them and was wearing fakes so thought I might as well do them all and I then I can do a nail care post etc on how to grow nails.
This is what they looked like on 29th November, I cut them a few weeks after this but forgot to take a photo – so they were a little longer.
I cut them just before Christmas and I took this photo 27th December.
I will have a blog post about products I use to take care of my nails and how often I use them and if it makes a difference.
I am planning on a few new years resolutions but knowing me I won’t stick with them as I am a very lazy person – but I am not planning anything to drastic.
- I would like to get to 1500 followers on Instagram.
- I would like to get to 75 followers on my blog.
- I would love to get 200 views a month on my blog.
- Be more active on all my social media’s. (Try and post three times a week on my blog, any suggestions for posts, please let me know! and every other day on Instagram)
- Be more active in life – I have signed up for the Kielder Challenge Walk in September which is a marathon walk through some beautiful landscapes. I will also be signing up for the Great North Run again this year which is a half marathon.
- Be more positive – anyone who knows me, knows I am a bit of a negative Annie. A lot of the time I don’t even realise but for 2018 I want to have a more positive outlook on everything.
- I am not even going to bother writing – eat healthy as I am currently working my way through a box of Jaffa Cakes while I write this!
I would also love to join a book club – but I am pretty sure in the UK these things don’t exist and are just an American TV/Movie thing. I just love to read *I often binge read books and would much prefer reading over watching the TV* and would love to talk to people about the books I read otherwise sometimes its a pointless. My other half doesn’t get how I can be so emotional invested in book characters. So if anyone wants to join me reading books and sharing our thoughts – hit me up.
I am sure as 2018 goes on I will think of some others but for now this will do.
I want to start doing more on my blog – the make up posts that I have posted previously have gone down a lot better then my nail posts – so I am going to try and post other posts rather then just nail posts. I plan on doing some arts and crafty things too, I love scrap booking so I will be posting some ideas in case anyone needs any inspiration.
What are your favourite blog posts to read?
What are your least favourite to read?
I really want my blog to work this year and can only do that by telling me what content you would like to see – so leave a suggestion on my blog or reach me using my other social media’s. If you would like to stay anonymous I also have created a Sarahah page.
Thank you for reading,